The Pokemon Concierge

 When this show was first announced, I was indifferent. And then it came out and I watched the four episodes they had at the time of this post in one sitting and fell in love with it. The hype around this show is very real, I was blown away by how much I loved this show. Only four episodes and I want more, so why do I love this show so much? Well, that's what this blog post is for.

The narrative of this show is fun for all ages but definitely has relatable content for adults while also having fun lessons for all ages. I am not going into detail because I think even a synopsis of this show spoils too much and it is so wonderful. The morals are real and down to earth, the characters are likable and the conflicts are relatable. The writing is fun, wholesome, and very well down, and has a good mix of humor and heartwarming with some great ideas. When I went in I thought I would have a fun time, and I did but I had way more fun than expected. 

The lead of this show will be relatable for many adults watching in so many ways, the lessons she learns as she grows can resonate with many people watching. This show went the extra mile by having the writing stand out in a way that complimented the animation, making the show memorable and not just a fun series of shorts starring one of the biggest franchises in gaming. 

The animation style is so clean, bright, and colorful, invoking a warm and welcoming feeling just like the writing. The entire show is welcoming and warm. It is full of humor and just a great reminder for some of the messages in the writing. These morals have been done in other media countless times but it is executed in such fashion and handled with such care that it nails the landing.

The Pokemon themselves are used in this show in such fun and adorable ways, causing many humorous situations or sweet moments. The animation style and music work so well in tandem to make this show so memorable. I only wish there was more because there are only four episodes and I have not had so much fun with a miniseries like this in a long time. 

The music and the credits theme are super fun, the world itself is so exciting, and the characters are super relatable and charming, this a near-perfect show. When the only flaw I can say about this show is that it goes by too quickly and there needs to be more of it, then I those are good problems to have. I do believe there is more on the way, but I hope it gets renewed for another season and becomes a mainstay series for at least a couple seasons. Much like those staying at the resort in the show, I did not want my visit to end as soon as it did and wanted to be back as soon as possible. This show is absolutely worth a watch, for its great writing, fun music, and wonderful animation, all wrapped up with a super fun theme and great idea. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse