New Pokémon Snap: First Impressions

 (Image Source: Twinfinite.net)


I have no nostalgia of Pokémon snap. I may have rented it once or twice but I did not own a cartridge until very recently for my retro collection. The game seemed to have loads of charm and seemed super fun and relaxing. So I decided to give the new one a try even before trying the old. So lets see how I fare with New Pokémon Snap.

I love this game already, and I have seen the appeal. I now only have one question and that is " Why did I not try the original sooner?". This game is so fun and I am having such a great time with it. Move over Animal Crossing New Horizons, this game is super relaxing and fun as well for those who are looking for something new to chill with. In this game you take pictures of  many different Pokémon in many different environments, you have some tools to use and there are a few other modes and features but overall that's the gist of it. And this game is so fantastic, it is so fun and chill to just roll along and take pictures and enjoy the environments. 

The presentation in this game is fantastic, looks and sound wise this game is amazing. Each environment feels alive and each trip feels so immersive. This game looks great, plays great, sounds, great, and I can see myself pouring many hours into it. So far I have put about eight hours into this game but I will definitely be discussing this game more. I love just exploring the environment, taking fun pictures, and repeating the process with fun and goofy characters along the way. This game is beyond charming, with a great arcade feel for the gameplay. Taking photos, getting them rated, and trying again as you fill your photo album, even revisiting past areas leads to an arcade like approach that feels so relaxing and easy to pick up and play. If you want a fun game to chill out with, this one might be it, I already am loving it and can not wait to play, and talk about it more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse