Worth The Bargain? Super Street Fighter 4 3D (Working Title, New Series)

 In the midst of the new content I mentioned in the update, I am now beginning a new series. Where whether physical or digital, old or new, If I find a game for 15 dollars or less, I am going to give it a try, and see if it was worth the low asking price. From home consoles, handhelds, indie games, old and new, but I am mostly going to focus on retro and older consoles. This is an idea I have had for a while that I am finally getting to. The 3DS, DS, and Wii U are all retro hunting gems at the moment in some cases, some games are either maintaining/going up in price, while many have been declining. As a retro game collector who is always looking to have money left over while shopping, I am always on the hunt for a bargain. So is this handheld port of a beloved console game worth the 7.99 I paid for it? Let's find out.

The only fighting game I have experience with really is the Super Smash Brothers series but I have always wanted to try others, I owned this game at one point back when the game cost the same price as your run of the mill game. I lost interest and traded it for something I wanted as was my routine at the time, but it's time I payed this game another visit and see if I have a better time. Or should I say, it's time to go another round.

For those unfamiliar the Street Fighter series, it is a one on one arcade fighter where the cast of characters fight in best two out of three matches, using character specific moves and specials used via specific button combinations to attain victory. 

This game is a great single player experience of the go, packing a roaster of more then twenty five characters, there are multiplayer modes if a friend has the system and the copy of this game nearby which if you have multiple retro collecting friends is a possibility. The graphics and music are fantastic for the system, including many animated cutscenes for the fighters. There are even a few belles and whistles like dynamic view, and very well animated special moves for the hardware. 

The game controls are where this port falters slightly, you can play it like a standard street fighter game but I did notice a good amount of input lag or delay sometimes. Also the specials can be accessed on the touch screen, they work well with button controls but on the touch screen I found myself tapping away at times without it being read. Not all the time but it was noteworthy and frustrating especially on harder difficulties. As there were minigames, practice and that was about it, I stuck with arcade mode with minigames included.  And that was all, arcade, and minigames and I feel like for ten dollars or less this is great for street fighter fans and can be a fun time, when it works. The input lag was frustrating at times but when the game worked it was an amazing time, it was a console level fighting game on the go, and even though I had only the arcade mode, the music, graphics, and cutscenes made each trip though fun. The games presentation is amazing for the console it is on, it is a PS3 and XBOX 360 game on the go. Another plus for this game is the announcer for this game, he will fill you with determination for each match to give your all. If you are a fan of this series this will be worth adding to your collection and is a fun time, and in most places can be found for a pretty low price.

As a retro collector, I am always looking for deals without breaking the bank, so welcome to the first in a series, that has yet to have a title yet, but when I find one that fits I will stick with it. Thank you for reading and have a great day.

Score: Just Worth The Asking Price.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse