Fortnite Chapter 3 Season One and Fall Guys Season 6

 Within the past week, as of the date of this post, two major battle royale games have gotten updates, Fortnite and Fall Guys, I enjoy both of these games, with friends and solo. So, I decided to dive in and try both out to see what was new. Going first with Fortnite!


Fortnite Chapter 3 Season One

To begin all of this was of course the end of season event which entails, a fun section with light gameplay and a big cinematic before the servers go down and the map changes. Heralding in this massive change was a new character called The Foundation who not only is played by Dwayne The Rock Johnson but looks like him, raised eyebrow and all. It was a fun time and waiting for us when the game turned back was a flipped island with so many new weapons and locales.

Spider-Man is here for the battle pass, and he brought The Daily Bugle with him as a locale to visit, among many other spots mostly with a winter theme as we head into the holidays. There is also a new mechanic of sliding which is super fun, tents to store items to the next match, four wheelers and more! The new weapons are super fun to use and try out and the new locales are great to traverse with friends. I am so excited to see what is added over the course of this chapter to make it stand out but so far it is a fun time, even more so with friends which is how I play.

The new areas are fun, festive and will be fun to memorize. Each one has a set of secrets and is fun to keep going to different areas to find them. The new mechanic of sliding and the four wheelers are a blast to use making traversal super fun. The weapons are all different and it's fun to find a new favorite to use. I don't have one yet, but I am sure I will find one, or a new one when they add more as they do throughout the season. 

Overall, the new mechanics, areas, and weapons are a breath of fresh air and super fun to play with friends. I will definitely be playing this with friends for a good while. Everything was a much-needed change from map to weapons to make everything feel new, after the last chapter was just an addition to the past. This was the step forward Fortnite needed.


Fall Guys Season 6

Fall Guys and I have an interesting history. Played the game nonstop through season one, two and three but since the fourth season, I play a bit and then FALL off of the game. The minigames either grow repetitive, the new modes lose their luster, or I just burn myself out. Yet when a new season drops, I do give it a good try to see the new games and because I enjoy Fall Guys, only more sparingly now. 

The only problem I faced was that at the point of this post, the new season does not run well on base PS4. I ran into glitches, lag, slowdown, and some odd visual glitches. My friends who played on PS5 did not have any of these problems, and past seasons have run fine. Hopefully this will be ironed out, but I wanted to point it out for base PS4 owners like me. 

This time there is a circus or carnival theme with a ton of the games either involve navigating whacky obstacles or staying in an area for a set amount of time. I did enjoy the new games and I hope this means with a new season that main show can have a round or two that does not involve games from season one or even season two. Before the new season released, I gave the last season another try and in the main show there are still games from launch, and with the variety of minigames available that baffles me. 

The new games were fun, and I enjoyed them. I will definitely play a mode that focuses just on them or a specific game from the new ones released. Many of them involve navigating or being in the air which was a ton of fun. There have been plenty of races and point based games, but this set added some good new ideas. Whether staying in the light long enough to qualify or getting launched from canons I had fun with all of them.

There are new costumes to unlock including a set from Ghost Of Tsushima making this game a super fun crossover of so many franchises. I am sure more events and the usual mid-season changes to the new games will bring myself and many others back. Overall, both of these are fun experiences in short bursts either with friends or along. I plan on playing this from time to time as well, earning some crowns and some fun new outfits as well. 


Thank you for reading, have you tried either of these games out? Follow for more if you would like and have a wonderful day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse