Nintendo Direct 2.9.2022

 

Image Source: Nintendo Of America Twitter

The time has come, another Nintendo Direct has come, and this one was one for the books. So much was announced in just under an hour, so instead of recapping it all, I highly recommend going to Nintendo's YouTube page and watching it there. I will instead be talking about what stood out to me, what I want to try, and what games will be making my wallet take more damage than a boss in an RPG that you over leveled for before you fight. 

Going In I was already anticipating the releases of "Splatoon 3", "Advance Wars Reboot Camp" and "Kirby And The Forgotten Land" but after seeing them all highlighted here, I cannot wait to play all of these. Seeing them all filled me with even more hype and made sure I was covered for new games for early spring. Even though "Splatoon 3" only has a release date of Summer 2022, seeing more is always welcome.

Then there were the surprises, from games never released before, remakes out of left field, surprise ports, and more. I was not expecting a new "Mario Strikers Game", nor a collection of the PS2 classic games "Klanoa". Those games are day one buys for me, as well as the new remake of "Front Mission: and the classic Wii Sports series now getting an entry titled "Switch Sports" had me super excited. As well as the never before localized, time traveling RPG known as "Live A Live" which has amazing HD 2D graphics akin to a game like "Octopath Traveler". 

Then there was the announcement of Mario Kart 8 getting DLC, instead of a 9th entry, 48 remastered courses will be added over time to this fantastic game and included in the Switch Online Expansion Pass. I was already excited and had games that were added to my wish list, but this stole the show for me. I love this series and have played it so much with friends and family, I can't wait to dive in even more. 

Not every announcement made me hyped, MLB, nor Disney's take on Mario Kart, but a big one that is not for me is "Xeonblade Chronicles 3".  Not all announcements drew excitement out of me, but that shows the range of this direct, there was something for everyone. From first- and third-party titles there was a ton to take in here. Spanning many genres this was one of my favorites directs in a while and I enjoyed it start to finish. I highly recommend watching it, whether it is the video or a reaction/discussion. The range, the pacing, the hype. This direct is one I will not soon be forgetting. Even when a game was not in a genre that not everyone would want to pick up, this Direct really had something for everyone, and I mean Wii Sports is back and that is for everyone look forward to let's be real.

Games From The Direct I Am Personally Excited For 

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp

Splatoon 3

Kirby And The Forgotten Land

Mario Strikers

Switch Sports

Live A Live

Klanoa

Front Mission Remake

Portal Ports (Yes I Want To See How These Games Play On Switch)

Mario Kart 8 DLC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse