Gaming T-Shirts

 Sometimes you need to show the world you are a gamer and when you do that, nothing works better then a graphic tee. A shirt showing your favorite franchises, game, or something else you care about. Sometimes from a website or the developer in general or other times someone who paid for the licensed prosperity to distribute. And others times neither and you can tell. What used to be something I could only find at conventions or a specifically shop has now popped up everywhere and I own more then a few gaming related T-shirts. Today I want to talk about them, and feel free to share about some of your favorite shirts that you have if you would like.

Today you could go to any variety store, clothing store, or even grocery store that sell other items on top of food, and will more then likely come across a gaming shirt of some kind. From appealing to retro gamers with an older system on it, to something more modern like Minecraft. Many shirts like to be cool and add a phrase like "Old School" on a retro console or some sort of catchy phrase to add to it. Many stores will have shirts with just the logo slapped on a single colored background and call it a day.

I love shirts based off of indie games mostly, I have a few retro console ones but I love repping my favorite indie games because it feels like they don't get a ton of merch to begin with. If a game is going to get something, nine out of ten times it's either a sticker or a shirt. And wearing a sticker loses its appeal very quickly. 

When it comes to places to find said shirts, they are basically everywhere online and in most stores. What used to be something I would have to go to one specific store for is now everywhere, even GameStop now displays shirts in their stores and that sometimes still surprises me. It's really nice to see the variety that is available now, so everyone has options even if sometimes it feels like every store carries the same type of shirt but it's better then having only one store with limited options. A lot of shirts feel the same but there are so many places selling them online and in store that people are bound to find at least one cool shirt or two.

For me I mostly purchase my shirts from online stores, the Yetee, Fangamer, Boxlunch or even Nintendo's own website. I prefer shirts that are either stylized, have a cool design or just a something without the writing on it. The catchphrases really turn me away from most shirts at times because they are so in your face. If you like them that is perfectly fine with me, I am just speaking out of my own preference. I mostly shop online so I can get shirts based off of indie games and I am so glad I can. At some point in the future I want to talk about gaming merchandise as a whole as well as specific aspects of it, but I thought shirts would be a good starting point. I mean everyone owns shirts.

Thank you so much for reading and have an amazing day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse