I Payed 40 Dollars For Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (Capcom Fighting Collection First Impressions)

 Retro collections are everywhere now adays, from The Disney Afternoon, to one of SEGAs many compilations of games so we can have yet another way to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2. But one collection that was a massive surprise was the announcement of the Capcom Fighting Collection, which hosted ten games and brought the long slumbering Darkstalkers series back into the public eye. This, Sonic Orgins, and the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection are making this year a good one for retro compilation titles. Over on the podcast that shares the name of this blog and is hosted by yours truly I will be covering Sonic Origins but here I want to give my first impressions of The Capcom Fighting Collection, the games I played for this are Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, Cyberbots, Hyper Street Fighter 2 The Anniversary Edition, and Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix. I plan on trying the other games in the collection, but these were the ones I was most excited to play, so here are my first impressions on this collection.

This collection is amazing. The presentation is nothing short of fantastic in the menus and each game is easy to access for single and multiplayer. The music is also perfect and the overall the presentation and menu navigation is flawless. This game has so much charm before you even pick one, and when you do, the borders around each game have an added flare akin to an arcade machine. 

I played online multiple times with friends and that worked incredible as well. It was easy to navigate, fun to play and there were no hiccups. Also, ways to spectate so more than just two people could hop in on the fun, emulating the experience of passing the controller and doing a living room tournament with friends. The online works incredibly well and I played multiple games with friends, they all ran smoothly without any problems.

The game also controls great. Not one ounce of input delay in any game each one I played controlled great and was easy to hop into. There is plenty to pick from and some of the games featured are so rare that it is nice to have them on modern console. For me the big winner was Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo and Gem Fighter Mini Mix. Two games full of style, charm, and fun Capcom references that I could not stop playing. I always wanted to try many of these games, and I am so glad I did. The controls were responsive, and it was fun from start to finish, and now there are so many other games to try alongside the ones I wanted!

The games included that I played were super fun, this is a great collection, as well as not at full price which is always an added bonus. I highly recommend this not just for fighting game fans but also if you have friends to play with. The online works well, the games are fun, and the presentation is awesome. This is a retro collection done right and I can not wait to play more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse