My Top 10 3DS Games!

 Handheld gaming has always been my favorite method to play games, as a kid I figured I could play games and watch cartoons at the same time, and so I did. The Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance have a special place in my heart, but today I wanted to give some love to a console that is losing it's digital store soon. I will be talking about my top 10 3DS games, these opinions are mine and mine alone, and to each there own. And without further ado, here are my favorite games on the system that started on a low note but then turned around and became one of my favorites. 


10. Mario And Luigi Super Star Saga DX

I am starting this list off with a remake of one of my favorite childhood games, this one has such a good graphical and even musical push. This remake and the original are both fantastic ways to play this great RPG. The combat, comedy, and world are amazing, and this adventure is definitely worth taking for those who have not been on it. Just don't play the Bowser's Minions mode.. it's really bad.

9. Mario Golf World Tour 

Mario sports games have been a bit of mixed bag lately but this one was a diamond in the rough. A great single player mode, tons of bonus challenges and unlockable, DLC that added even more to the game that was done well, this game was great. It was a relaxing and well made golf game with a simple but really charming presentation, I spent many afternoons just replaying courses and enjoying this one. It was a sports game done well during a time where Mario and sports were not always a match made in heaven. 

8. Super Smash Bros. For 3DS

This game paved the way for Smash Ultimate in the best way possible. A portable Smash game filled me with so much hype, and even though some cuts had to be made for this version, it was still fantastic. Standing out was Smash Run, one of my favorite modes ever, brining me back again and again with friends or on my own. This was a great time to gather around with some friends, having our systems out and throwing on a movie while we played this and many other games on this list. 

7. Kid Icarus Uprising 

Despite the hand cramps from the controls this game was incredible! Well written, fantastic music, a fun connected yet episodic story that felt like a playable T.V show. This game is amazing, the presentation, the combat (in short bursts), and the world, this one is unforgettable and once able to get past its setbacks, this game soars high above many others.

6. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby

This game is a remake that blows everything out of the water.. or magma based on what version the player chose. The newer updates like EXP share and the better presentation, added with a ton of features and some changes made this, THE way to play Gen Three. As someone who missed this generation until recently this was a fantastic journey through a game I missed.

5. Legend Of Zelda A Link Between Worlds 

A Link To The Past Is one of if not my favorite Zelda game, so when a follow up came many years later, I was ready to jump back in for some top-down action. The presentation, controls and world were fantastic to explore and full of great, rewarding secrets. The dungeons were well paced and full of a great challenge, and the story even had a very touching moment. This game was a sweet, yet grand adventure in the palm of the players hands, one worth going on every once in a while.

4. Rythm Heaven Mega Mix

Why was this game only available for download?! This game is packed to the brim with amazing music and content. Not every piece of this puzzle fits perfectly and there is some grinding that I am not fond of, but the sheer amount of content here is worth the price of admission. This series has always deserved more love with it's one-of-a-kind charm and fantastic beats. At the time of this post the shop is still up and I say you should get this musical gem, before it's too late.

3. Super Mario 3D Land

This is the game that sold me on the system and holds a very special place in my heart. Star Fox 64 3D was my first 3DS game and I love that one, but this one always makes me smile. A simple mix of 2D and 3D platforming, in a cozy adventure that is fun in short bursts, with tons of levels, and more. The games presentation at the time blew me away and even though the soundtrack was not my favorite, playing a Mario adventure this fun, and this great on the go, was worth every second with it. I wanted this game from the start and when it came out, it was the only game I played for a while, I loved this game, it's great.

2.. Rythm Thief And The Emperors Treasure 

This is a hidden gem if there ever was one. The physical version is a little pricey so if you are interested definitely get this digitally when you can. A mix of a point and click game, with tons of great music, and fantastic control, this rhythm game was one of a kind. The story was something that was not expected of a game from this genre, the game played and looked great for the system, and the presentation was fantastic. This SEGA based rhythm game has you solving mysteries as Phantom R who traverses the city of Paris, making friends, and playing a ton of well-made minigames along the way. The music in this game soars, and there are so many great tracks, this game is a hidden gem and worth it for any fan of the genre, this game is a real steal, worth checking out. 

1. Kirby Planet Robobot

This game is just simply amazing. I love Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's fun but this game took the foundation that one and Returns To Dreamland laid and built on it in many ways. The central use of the robobot armor that can also use copy abilities incorporates like a dream into the gameplay, being present enough but not overstaying its welcome. Alongside that is a great gameplay, a slew of great power ups to use, fantastic control, minigames, and some other unlockable goodies. The presentation and music are once again fantastic and this Kirby game has enough new, and enough of what we love to be one of, if not my favorite in the franchise. This one is a great time for platforming fans on a system that had too many platformers to count, this one, for me at least, shines above them all.

Thank you so much for reading my list, and feel free to share your favorite 3DS games in the comments, have a wonderful day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse