Why I Am Hyped For Sonic Frontiers!

 For those who want to go into this game completely blind, then this post is not for you. I am going to be diving into all of the trailers and information we have on this game thus far, so now with that out of the way, let's talk about one of my most anticipated games of 2022.

I was not always excited for this game, the initial reveal looked fine even though it was just CG and date. When the gameplay was shown to the public, the game looked a tad bland from a first view. The music was atmospheric and bland which complimented the open environments. I got, this game looks very promising. I do not despise Sonic Forces, but I will say I was not the biggest fan of it from the get-go for a myriad of reasons. After feeling not, the best after that game and the terrible remaster of Sonic Colors, I was a tad jaded about the future of Sonic the Hedgehog, at least in the third dimension. Constantly wanting a sequel to Sonic Mania (and I still really do) and being cautious about anything in 3D.

But then the Nintendo Partner Showcase happened, Gamescom happened, and the new song was revealed, and more gameplays has been shown, and what started as indifference, grew to hype. This game looks so fun, the environments are varied, the combat looks engaging. The story has me intrigued, even if it ends up being like Sonic Forces and being overly serious it will be good for a laugh. I prefer a plot that is all in and over the top then something phoned in and half baked. The combat looks super engaging for enimies big and small and has me on the edge of my seat to show how this game is going to handle boss fights.

The world looks fun to explore and since Sonic is known for speed, this is only natural to give him a big playground to run around in. With that being said there are still sections that look like typical levels with boosting and high-octane action, which is a good balance of both so players don't get tired. The more music that has been shown the better it has gotten as well; the typical Sonic flare has been shining through and it makes me so excited to hear the soundtrack.

SEGA really turned this game around from something I was going to get on sale, to something I want on day one. With good presentation, music, and exciting looking gameplay I went from 0 to 100 on this title and cannot wait to play it. If someone is okay with knowing information going in, I highly recommending watching the more recent trailers and footage of this game, that is what sold me, and it just might sell you as well. I am beyond excited to go on this adventure and see what this game really has in store, and if the recent trailers and gameplay footage is just a hint at what's in store, this game could be nothing short of fantastic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse