Transformers One: An Orgin Story With More Than Meets The Eye (Spoiler Free Review)

 



(Photo Credit: Filmdirect.com)


When I first saw the trailer for "Transformers One" I was not impressed, and as I saw it more and more, my thoughts did not change. Then they announced an exclusive Shadow The Hedgehog poster for the upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog 3 movie, which is my most anticipated movie of the year at the screening of this movie, I decided to go. No matter what I was walking out a winner due to getting the poster but after the credits rolled, I was surprised to say this movie was amazing. Flawed but amazing, and better than most Transformers movies we have gotten in recent memory.

I am not the biggest fan of the live-action Transformers movies, even last year's "Transformers Rise Of The Beasts" was far from my favorite movie last year, and I even found myself laughing at moments I didn't think I intended to. This movie surpassed all expectations in so many ways. 

This story is very much an origin story, and longtime fans of Transformers will expect all the twists and turns, but even though the story is one that some in the audience can map out, it is still very well done. I will not dive deep but this is very much a story about friendship and dreaming, one kids and adults can connect with. The animation is really solid both in action scenes and in the quiet moments, and the music done by Brian Tyler is fantastic. There are a ton of Transformers references from all corners of the franchise in this movie from phrases to song references to the bots, so long-time fans will be able to see that, and I only know some of these from my friends telling me so after they saw the movie. Some I was able to pick out but some of these are made for long-time fans.

There were a couple of qualms I had with the movie, namely some of the jokes, sometimes they did not land for me and just kept going. Though I feel those jokes were made more for the kids, and most of these jokes came from Bumblebee, and even then a couple of his jokes did make me chuckle. The pacing of this movie is well done and they cover the whole story well, giving dramatic moments and action sequences the right amount of breathing room that they needed to make an impact. 

Even as someone who has only seen a handful of live-action movies, there is a lot to be enjoyed in this film. The emotional moments play out and are not interrupted by jokes, the animation is good, and the voice cast, especially Brian Tyree Henry as D-16, but every actor did fantastically. The writing is very well done and has some great moments for action, inspiring moments, heartfelt moments, and some gripping drama.  Chris Hemsworth brought a great new take Optmus or I should say Orion Pax and he brought something new to the character. There were moments that were more funny than I expected and was surprised. I was surprised by the amazing quality in every aspect of this movie, and this one is worth watching and seeing, Much like how "Mutant Mayhem" was one of the best TMNT movies I had seen in a long time, full of solid jokes and animation, with things for long time fans and newcomers alike. This one is worth even seeing in theaters and is a solid time for fans and newcomers alike, this one was a great time. I am glad I saw it despite the trailers because this movie was more than meets the eye and even beyond that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (Netflix)

The Pokemon Concierge

Tell Your Own Story, Do Your Own Thing: One Thing I Learned From Across The Spiderverse